Friday, December 30, 2011

A very good place to start!

I am joining a group of home cooks who are cooking their way through Dorie Greenspan's "Around My French Table".  The group is called French Fridays with Dorie, and my first recipe will be made next week!  I am so excited to begin this project.  I like to think of myself as a pretty good cook, but through this experience I hope to hone some skills and make some tasty dishes for my husband along the way.   I have made several recipes from this book already, including Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good, pictured above.  Every recipe I have made was easy and delicious. 

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm so excited to read all about your adventures in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in on following your cooking adventures and sharing some of my cooking experiences.

    Last night I tried something new for me; I roasted 2 cubed Bartlett pears, also known as a Williams pears, in persian lime olive oil with a slash of cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. This is a nice addition to the basic pear Gorgonzola salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @casslake54...that sounds delicious! Where did you find persian lime olive oil & cinnamon pear balsamic? Amazing flavor combo I am sure.

    ReplyDelete